Palmer Project, Alaska, USA
The Engineering Technician assists Project Engineer or Site Manager with technical support of mineral exploration at the Palmer Project near Haines, Alaska. This is a full-time position for the 2023 exploration season, starting late May to approximately early October.
- Loading and unloading drill core samples for geologic review and testing.
- Geotechnical work with drill core samples including measuring and photographing samples.
- Data entry in computer forms and spreadsheets.
- Additional duties in support of general camp and field program support.
- High-school diploma required, post-secondary science credits a plus.
- 2-3 years’ experience in geotechnical construction site evaluation is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to accurately measure and record data.
- Basic computer skills including spreadsheets and data entry.
- Ability to safely lift (up to 50 lbs.) repetitively and work in a remote camp setting.
- Proactive and collaborative attitude, committed to working in a team environment based on respect, trust and accountability in pursuing shared goals.
- Mindset that factors personnel safety, environmental protection, and community commitment into every decision and action.
- Self-motivation with good attention to detail.
- Valid driver license with clean driving record.
- All new employees must pass a background check.
- Valid standard first aid certification a plus.
Work hours generally begin at 7:00 AM; schedule and rotations to be discussed.
We offer competitive wages dependent upon experience and qualifications.
Palmer Project camp near Haines, Alaska (7.5 Mile Porcupine Road). Camp accommodation and meals are provided. Additional consideration for daily commuting may be available to residents of the Chilkat Valley on an individual basis.
ABOUT THE PALMER PROJECT
We are committed to responsible mineral exploration near beautiful Haines, Alaska. Our multi-year plan to advance the Palmer Project to feasibility offers rewarding seasonal and fulltime opportunities in a variety of work environments. We look forward to expanding our dynamic and professional team with the opportunities below.
Becoming part of the Palmer Project is an exciting opportunity to join a community that works, lives, and plays together. Our Big Nugget Camp is located roughly 35 miles from downtown Haines, Alaska and serves as the base of operations during our field seasons.
Whether this is your first camp job or you have plenty of camp experience, we strive to provide enjoyable conditions. We recognize - and know from our own experience - rotational careers involve being away from family, friends, and the conveniences of home, and do our best to provide top-quality meals, robust Wi-Fi, comfortable living environments, and a respect for privacy and cultural diversity.
We know our most valuable asset is our people. Come enjoy your Southeast Alaska experience and being part of our community.
Click here to view the map of our Big Nugget Camp, Palmer Project
Submit your application here
Qualified applicants interested in joining our dynamic team are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume via the form below. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Prefer to apply in-person?
Applicants may also deliver their documents in-person at:
120 2nd Ave North, Haines, AK
Apply by mail
By sending your application to
American Pacific Jobs
P.O. Box 315,
Haines, AK, USA, 99827